The love for Apple cider vinegar is universal. Right from salad dressing to skincare to weight loss, ACV does it all. This extremely versatile ingredient has lot to offer. But today we will primarily focus on its uses and benefits for hair growth. Here are few best creative ways to include Apple cider vinegar in your hair care routine.
3 ways to use Apple cider vinegar for Hair
- Apple cider vinegar Hair rinse/ Hair spray
- Apple cider vinegar Anti dandruff Hair Mask
- Apple cider Vinegar + shampoo
1. Apple cider Vinegar Hair rinse/ Hair Spray
A healthy scalp leads to healthy hair. The growth and health of your hair depends on your scalp. Just like your skin, you need to keep your scalp clear and healthy, so that your hair grows out strong. Apple cider vinegar hair rinse helps to keep your scalp clean.
- 2 teaspoons of Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- Essential oils like rosemary or lavender (option, for yummy scent)
How to make and use:
Mix 2 teaspoons of Apple cider vinegar, 1 cup of water and few drops of essential oil together. After shampooing your hair, pour the mixture over your scalp and hair. Let it sit for few minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Use this method once in 2 weeks for best results.
Alternatively, combine apple cider vinegar, rice water and essential oil in a spray bottle. After shampooing, spray the mixture on your scalp evenly. Let it sit for couple of minutes. Rinse it out. Use this remedy once in a week.
- Apple cider vinegar hair rinse helps to remove dirt, residue or product buildup from your scalp, making it clean, breathable and healthy.
- It retains hair pH level, treats bacteria, fungi and other scalp infections.
- Regular use of ACV as a hair rinse will make your hair soft and shiny.
2. Apple cider Vinegar Anti dandruff Hair Mask
Dandruff is a most common scalp disorder which act as a blockage for proper hair growth. ACV can effectively treat the problem completely by destroying the dandruff triggering fungi that clog the hair follicles.
- 2 tablespoons of Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of ACV
- 1 teaspoon of Coconut oil
- Essential oil (optional)
How to make and use:
Mix 2 tablespoons of Yogurt, add 1 teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and few drops of essential oil in a bowl. Mix them well to make a smooth hair mask. Apply this mask on your scalp and massage it for few minutes. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash off with a mild sulfate free shampoo. Use this hair mask once in a week.
- Apple cider vinegar contains acid that fight the fungi that can cause dandruff and relieves itching on the scalp.
- It is extremely effective in cleansing the scalp of dead cells and other deposits.
- The acidic nature of yogurt helps combat dandruff and conditions your hair to give it a shiny and soft texture.
3. Apple cider vinegar + Shampoo
One of the easiest ways to use Apple cider vinegar is to mix it in with your regular shampoo. Combine 1 teaspoon of ACV and 1 teaspoon of Water to your shampoo and use. This time saving method is very useful when you’re running late or when you feel lazy to try any DIY’s.
These were some of the best ways to use Apple cider vinegar for your specific hair concern. Try one of these methods and let us know the results.
If you like this post, don’t forget to share.