Crisp apples, big blueberries, cinnamon…all baked into a delicious coffee cake. Pour a hot cup o’ joe and cut a slice and enjoy! Oh! And did we mention it’s vegan? Yes. Yes, it is!
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of chopped apple
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup of canola oil
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- egg replacer equivalent to 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. of firm margarine
- Heat oven to 375° F. Spray or “grease” a round
- layer pan or an 8x8x2 inch square baking dish.
- Blend all ingredients except topping mix. Beat
- vigorously for about 30 seconds. Spread in pan.
- For the topping: Mix all ingredients together with
- the firm margarine. Mix until blended but crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over batter. Bake about 30 minutes
- or until wooden toothpick inserted in center come
- out clean.