This is a traditional German oven pancake. If you’ve never had one, you’ve got to make this. It is soo delicious and nothing like a regular pancake.
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- Lemon juice and powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Beat eggs lightly in med bowl with wire whisk or hand beater. Beat in flour, milk, and salt just until mixed.
- Melt butter in 9 inch pie plate (use a pyrex to maximize puffiness) in oven. Brush around pie plate to distribute evenly.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and ground cinnamon evenly over the melted butter. Arrange sliced apples over the sugar. Pour batter over apple. Bake 30-35 minutes. Quickly
- loosen the edge of pancake and turn upside down onto a serving plate.
- Serve with powdered sugar and lemon juice on the side.