This sweet version of the classic savory appetizer is just as addicting as its cocktail-party cousin. Cinnamon roll dough wraps around breakfast sausage, and a drizzle of icing and maple syrup for dipping make the bundles ideal for a breakfast gathering.
Total: 55 min
Active: 15 min
Yield: 8 servings
16 breakfast sausage links
Two 12.4-ounce tubes refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing, such as Pillsbury
Pure maple syrup, for dipping
WATCH Watch how to make this recipe.
Starting the party early? You NEED these Breakfast Cinnamon Roll Pigs in a Blanket. 👅 👅 👅Pause Save the recipe: https://foodtv.com/2VNJ6KN
Опубликовано Food Network Понедельник, 20 мая 2019 г.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Put the sausage links on the prepared baking sheet and bake, turning once halfway through, until golden brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes; transfer to a paper towel to drain. Discard the parchment and reline the baking sheet with a new piece. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Separate the cinnamon rolls; reserve the icing. Flatten each roll with your fingers to a 3 1/2- to 4-inch-long oval, then wrap it around a sausage link so the cinnamon-sugar side is on the outside. Arrange the wrapped sausages seam-side down and 1/2 inch apart in 2 rows of 8 on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the rolls are light golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the pigs-in-a-blanket to a serving dish, drizzle with the reserved icing and serve with the maple syrup on the side for dipping.