Total: 30 min
Active: 5 min
Yield: 4 shells
2 cups finely shredded Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wrap a yardstick or ruler with aluminum foil and suspend it between two 28-ounce cans.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the shredded Cheddar on the baking sheet to form a circle 6 inches in diameter. Repeat with another 1/2 cup of cheese, making 2 circles. Bake the first batch until the cheese melts and turns light brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Using a spatula, transfer the cheese circles to the suspended yardstick and drape them over to form taco shells. Let them hang until firm, then carefully remove.
- Repeat with the remaining cheese.
- Fill the shells with your favorite taco fillings.