CHEESY CROCK POT CHICKEN AND RICE MAKES DINNER TIME NOT ONLY EASY BUT SUPER DELICIOUS! LET YOUR SLOW COOKER DO THE WORK AND COME HOME TO A DELICIOUS MEAL!
Lots of love to the inventor of the crock pot, it has made making family-friendly meals like this simple and sensational Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice a snap. This recipe is a classic family favorite and adding in cheese makes it even better. Crock Pot Chicken and Rice is all about making a delicious meal without having to spend half the day in the kitchen to do it.
Slow cooker chicken and rice is an easy recipe to change if your family likes certain vegetables or don’t eat cheese. You can always add broccoli, spinach, or mixed vegetables, you can even just keep super simple and just add the cheese.
However, you decide to make your crock pot chicken and rice casserole you will love the little effort and time spent making it.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK CHICKEN IN A CROCK POT?
- For this recipe, I use thin sliced chicken breast which cook faster.
- So you can cook the chicken on high for 3 hours, or low 4-5 hours.
- If you want to use regular boneless skinless chicken breast (not the thin sliced) cook your Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice on Low for 6-7 hours, and High 4-5 hours
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHEESY CROCK POT CHICKEN AND RICE?
- Cook white rice and set aside.
- Spray the inside of a 6qt crock pot lightly with non stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breast on the bottom of the crock pot & season with garlic salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika.
- Add onion, garlic, chicken stock, cream of mushroom soup, and cream of chicken soup. Cover and cook on LOW or HIGH.
- 30 minutes before it is done, add mushrooms and finish cooking.
- Once cooked, add in cooked rice and cheese, and mix to combine. Cover and let cheese to melt. Serve warm.
I am all for making life easy and this crock pot creamy chicken and rice recipe does just that. Ready in a few hours without spending too much time in the kitchen, you will have a classic family favorite recipe full of cheesy goodness at your table.
Dinner doesn’t have to be difficult, but it should always be delicious.
- 5 chicken breasts thin sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2-1/2 cups white rice cooked
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 10.5 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounce container sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cheese cut into 1-inch cubes (you can also use shredded cheese)
- parsley to garnish
- Cook white rice and set aside.
- Spray a 6qt crock pot lightly with non stick cooking spray. Add chicken breast and season with garlic salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika.
- Add diced onion and minced garlic on top of chicken and pour in chicken stock, cream of mushroom soup, and cream of chicken soup.
- Cover and cook on LOW 5-6 hours, or HIGH 3-4 hours.
- 30 minutes before done, add in sliced mushrooms and finish cooking. Once done add in cooked rice and cheese. Cover and let sit 5
- minutes for cheese to melt, stir and garnish with parsley. Serve warm.
Calories: 602kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 58g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 168mg | Sodium: 1659mg | Potassium: 1086mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 12.1% | Vitamin C: 6% | Calcium: 30.8% | Iron: 14.1%