This recipe combines three of the best ingredients on the planet. How could you go wrong by eating this spectacular meal? Let’s just say it’s easy to make a meal out of it.
Cheesy New Mexico Green Chile Bacon Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 lb Bacon cooked (crispy)
- 2 cup Flour
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 1 tbs Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- 1 Egg; beaten
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1-1/2 c Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (X-Hot, Hot, Med, or Mild) Hatch, New Mexico Green chile;(roasted, peeled, seeded)
Cheesy New Mexico Green Chile Bacon Muffins Preparation
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crispy; drain, reserve the drippings.
- Crumble the bacon; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Make a well in the center.
- Measure the drippings, add vegetable oil, if necessary to measure 1/3 cup.
- Combine the drippings with the egg and milk.
- Add to the flour mixture and stir until moist. Batter will be lumpy.
- Carefully fold in the bacon, cheese and green chile.
- Use amount of green chile to your taste.
- Grease muffin tins and fill about 3/4 full.
- Bake in a 400 deg oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.