- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. chopped maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir into wet ingredients then fold in chocolate chips and cherries.
Using a large cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto prepared baking sheets and bake until set, 12 to 15 minutes.