This refreshing salad is a departure from traditional marinated cucumbers, and perfect for summer cookouts and picnics. Cucumbers may be peeled or not. If seeding them is preferred, add an extra cucumber to make up for the loss of volume.
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 2 large peeled cucumbers, halved lengthwise & thinly sliced, about 6 cups
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced & separated into half rings
- In large covered container measure sour cream, vinegar, sugar, dillweed, salt and a few grinds of pepper; whisk together to blend. Add cucumbers and onions; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally. Just before serving stir again.