Creamy and cheesy, this Crock Pot Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup is sure to be loved by your friends and family.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, chopped into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (6 ounce) package cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a 3 quart saucepan, melt butter and saute onions.
- Add potatoes, water, and bouillon cubes. Cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium. Cook just until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, Place frozen broccoli and cheddar cheese in crock pot on low to start melting and thawing.
- Once the potatoes are done, using a hand blender, blend contents of saucepan to desired consistency and then pour into the crock pot.
- Heat on low until warmed.