A snack for the gods! Sprinkle atop your favorite greens, blue cheese topped or chicken salad. For holiday entertaining leave the pecans in halves rather than chopping, and serve in a festive bowl.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pecan halves or chopped (see note above in description)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan (cookie sheet) with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a 1-quart microwave safe container. Toss pecans in butter.
- Stir brown sugar and cinnamon together in small bowl. Stir into pecans, coating well.
- Turn pecans out onto prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly. Place in oven for 3-4 minutes until sugar is carmelized. Watch carefully before the end to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on parchment paper. When cooled completely to room temperature, store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 1 cup, or approximately 8 servings.