Focaccia with roasted baby new potatoes and rosemary. Great for snack or lunch.
- 2 1/4 tsp (1 packet) active dry yeast
- 1 1/3 cup water ( about 104 F)
- 3 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 15-20 small new potatoes, skin on
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil to drizzle
- Combine all of the ingredients in the baking bowl of a food processor with bread hook attatchement.
- Beat at high speed for 3-5 mintes until the dough is soft and elastic. Turn the dough out on a table and lightly oil the bowl, put the dough back in, cover with a tea towel or clingfilm. Set to rise for 90 minutes until doubled in size. Place dough on a surface and punch down the dough gently so you keep some of the air in. Place the dough in the baking tin (About 13 x 9 inch tin) Using your fingers tostretch the dough to cover the pan; it may not reach all the way to the edges. Cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place to rest, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- While dough is raising the second time make the potatoes. Boil the potatoes until tender.
- Tip them on a surface to steam off for a minute, then cut them in half lengthwise.
- Heat a frying pan on high heat, add a tbsp of oil. Fry the potatoes cut side down until light golden.
- Remove from the heat.
- When dough is finished rising use your fingertips and make small pockets all over the dough.
- Place a potato in every pocket. Sprinkle over the rosemary and sea salt and drizzle over the olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve luke warm.