This is a traditional German oven pancake. If you’ve never had one, you’ve got to make this. It is soo delicious and nothing like a regular pancake.
- 2 Tbsp margarine or butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Lemon juice and powdered sugar or cut up fruit
- Heat oven to 400 F. melt butter in 9 inch pie plate in oven (use Pyrex for maximum rise). Brush melted butter around plate to evenly distribute.
- Beat eggs lightly in med bowl with whisk or hand beater. Beat in flour, milk and salt until just mixed. Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until puffy and deep golden. Serve quickly with lemon juice and sugar, or cut up fruit, on the side.