This is my version of the recipe found on the back of the Pamela’s Baking and Pancake Mix bag. It’s not my own original recipe, but I have altered it to make this version my own. Pamela’s Products is a company in California that makes gluten free flour mixes. You can find their website at pamelasproducts.com if you are interested. The flour mix I used in this recipe contains milk and I add sour cream to it. So this is not a dairy free recipe. I use a silicone Bundt pan and I grease it. I do not use as much sugar as the recipe calls for and I don’t add the glaze that is suggested on the bag’s recipe. I also don’t add any currents or raisins.
- 2 cups Pamela’s Flour Mix
- 1 cup organic evaporated cane juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 Tablespoons organic evaporated cane juice
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- For the Filling: Mix together 1 cup chopped walnuts, 3 Tablespoons organic evaporated cane sugar, 3 Tablespoons brown sugar, and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a large bowl and set aside.
- For the Batter: Soften Butter in your Kitchen Aid Mixer.
- Add sugar to butter and cream it on high.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue whipping batter.
- Turn off mixer and add your flour and sour cream. Mix on low until blended. Turn off and scrape down sides of mixing bowl. Then turn on high and mix for a good minute until well beaten and fluffy.
- Grease a silacone bundt pan.
- Spoon the batter into the bottom of the bundt pan and smooth it around.
- Add a layer of nut filling.
- Repeat steps until you have used all your batter and filling. The top layer should be batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes in the oven.
- Let stand in bundt pan until cool (about 15 to 20 minutes for best results).