GRANDMA’S POTATOES HAVE THE YUMMIEST COMBINATION OF FLAVORS AND ARE THE MOST AMAZING POTATOES I HAVE EVER EATEN! THEY ARE ALWAYS A HUGE HIT!
Servings: 6 to 8 servings
- One 23-ounce bag frozen Ore-Ida diced hash brown potatoes
- One 10.5-ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- One 8-ounce container sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions plus more for garnish
- One 6-ounce container cheddar french fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the stick of butter, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup. Microwave and melt completely, about 1 -2 minutes.
- Stir to combine.
- Add hash browns, cheddar cheese, and green onions to the sour cream mixture. Mix well to coat all of the hash browns. Transfer to a
- 9×13 pan and spread into an even layer.
- Bake, uncovered, for 55-60 minutes
- Top the potatoes with a container of cheddar french fried onions.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes (start checking at 5 mins)
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with more green onion. Serve warm.
If you prefer to use crushed cornflakes instead of french fried onions. Saute 2 cups crushed cornflakes in 2 tablespoons unsalted butter and then bake them on top of the hash browns for the entire 55-60 minutes.