Hatch, NM is the home of some of the BEST green chile in NM
- 2 to 3 lbs boneless pork sirloin roast cut into one inch cubes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions chopped (1 1/2 to 2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes (Rotel) or 1 fresh tomato chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Beef bouillon cube
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 27 ounce can Hatch chopped green chiles (I use fresh)
- 4 to 6 cups of water
- Combine flour salt and pepper in a large zip lock bag, add pork,
shake to coat evenly.
- Brown pork in oil in a LARGE pot.
- While pork is cooking saute onions and garlic untill onions are tender, about 5minutes. When pork is browned add sauted onions and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmerfor 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until pork is very tender.
- Serve with warm tortillas.