This simple Tomato Salad has a healthy balsamic vinegar dressing. Don’t let the simplicity fool you, it’s full of flavor!
WHAT KIND OF TOMATOES SHOULD I USE TO MAKE TOMATO SALAD?
Cherry and grape tomatoes are both great options for making tomato salad. You can also dice up heirloom tomatoes, romas, and other garden tomato varieties. They will all work great in this recipe, though cherry and grape tomatoes produce the prettier result.
CAN I ADD CHEESE TO TOMATO SALAD?
Yes you can! This recipe would go well with 1/4 to 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, or some fresh mini mozzarella balls. Just be warned that the dressing will discolor the cheese so it is best to add the cheese right before serving.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe, including tips and tricks along the way.
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 10 large basil leaves chiffonade or roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
US Customary – Metric
- Cut all of your grape or cherry tomatoes in half and place into a large mixing bowl. Place basil in with tomato mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over tomato mixture. Toss to coat.
- Serve at room temperature, or chill for 2 hours before serving.
Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 406mg | Potassium: 352mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 16.1% | Vitamin C: 43.6% | Calcium: 2% | Iron: 6.5%