A LEMON DROP MARTINI IS THE PERFECT COCKTAIL TO MAKE ANY NIGHT OF THE WEEK! WITH ONLY THREE EASY TO FIND INGREDIENTS, YOU ARE GOING TO WANT TO MAKE THIS DRINK ALL THE TIME!
This Lemon Drop Martini has been a favorite of mine since I first wandered into a bar in college. When made well, it is the perfect combination of bitter and sweet. It is everything you are looking for in a vodka martini. This is such an easy cocktail to make, whether it is for a party with friends, or for a quiet Friday date night at home, make this Lemon Drop Martini! It is made with only three ingredients – vodka, freshly squeezed lemon, and simple syrup.
Traditional martinis start with vodka and vermouth. This is a delicious sweet spin on that. You take out the vermouth, and you replace it with simple syrup and freshly squeezed lemon. Save some of the lemons and rim the edge of your martini glass with it and then dip it in sugar, for the perfect extra bit of bitter and sweet with each sip.
As mentioned, this recipe calls for a little bit of simple syrup. While it might be tempting to buy simple syrup, it is so easy to make, that I encourage you to make your own. You could even add a little lemon zest as you are making it to add an extra punch of lemon flavor to this drink.
HOW TO MAKE A LEMON DROP MARTINI
- Rim a martini glass with lemon juice and then sugar.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add premium vodka, simple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Cover and shake vigorously.
- Strain into your prepared glass and garnish with a lemon twist.
When making this drink, make sure that you use lemons that are fresh for the best taste. You also want to make sure to strain the juice, so that you don’t end up with a lot of pulp in your drink. You might also consider using a citron vodka for this drink, it will really drive home the lemon flavor. I have even been known to make a lemon drop martini with limoncello from time to time.
I love to add a lemon curl to the side of my Lemon Drop Martini recipe for a fun garnish! To do this, make a slice in the side of the lemon and then use a spoon to get out all of the lemon insides. Roll the lemon tight and then make slices. Pull the two ends of the slice so the lemon forms a nice coil. Then set it on the edge of the sugar rimmed glass.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice about half a lemon. strained to remove seeds and pulp
- extra lemon for garnish and rimming the glass
- sugar for garnishing the glass
- Fill a martini shaker with ice.
- Rub a lemon wedge around the edge of a martini glass. Dip the glass in sugar.
- Add the vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup to the martini shaker. Shake to combine.
- Pour into the prepared glass.