Chase Away The Winter Blahs…Throw a Sushi Dinner Party!
- 2 sheets of nori
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (I like a blend of white and black)
- 2 (6-ounce) lobster tails, removed from shells, cut into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 ripe mango, pitted, peeled, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 of 1 English cucumber, quartered, cored, and julienned
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced into thin strips
- Soy sauce
- Wrap a bamboo sushi mat with plastic wrap.
- Place nori sheet on prepared sushi mat.
- Spread sushi rice evenly over nori.
- Sprinkle rice with sesame seeds.
- Carefully invert, so that the nori is now facing up.
- Place lobster (see cooking directions above)down the center of the nori.
- Add cucumber, mango, and avocado.
- Starting at one long end, and using the bamboo mat as an aid, roll up tightly, giving a few gentle squeezes as you go.
- Cut the sushi roll into 8 rolls.
- Repeat process with remaining ingredients.