This is a delicious and easy to make mushroom dish. It tastes as good as fancy stuffed mushrooms, but is half the work. My kind of recipe!
- 3 slices firm white artisan, sourdough, or sandwich bread, crust removed, cut into 1/4-inch cubes (1.25 cups)
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 lb small white mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Put oven rack in middle and preheat oven to 375Â°F.
- Toast bread cubes in a shallow baking pan in oven, stirring once, until golden, about 6 to 8 minutes. Meanwhile, melt butter with garlic, salt, and pepper (stove or microwave). Put mushrooms in an 8-inch square baking dish and toss with garlic butter.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are soft and juicy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, toss mushrooms with parsley and toasted bread.