Need a comfort meal? Try these tender pork chops, creamy potatoes, and sour cream sauce.
Add colorful steamed broccoli, and wonderful Yukon gold potatoes on the side, and you have at healthy, tasty meal!
- 8 ounces pork blade steaks
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons sage, chopped
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup light sour cream
- salt and pepper
Broccoli and Potatoes:
1. Steam potatoes for 20 minutes in steamer basket over medium high heat.
2. When potatoes are just short of tender, add broccoli and steam another 5 minutes until broccoli is crisp tender.
1. Preheat skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Add shallot and saute for 3 minutes to soften.
2. Season chops with salt and pepper and add to pan. Sprinkle sage on top and brown for 2 minutes on side one, then flip and brown on side two.
3. Add chicken broth. Cover and cook 15 minutes until chops are tender and broth has reduced.
4. Remove chops and add sour cream to the pan. Whisk sour cream into pan broth. Heat through.
5. Serve chops with vegetables and sauce.