Total: 30 min
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 25 min
Yield: 4 servings
1/3 cup peach jam
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
12 ounces green beans, trimmed
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 cups instant flour, such as Wondra
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg white
Vegetable oil, for frying
4 1/4-inch-thick boneless pork loin chops (about 1 pound), trimmed
- Cook the jam, ketchup, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and 3 tablespoons water in a large skillet over medium-high heat, whisking, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the vinegar, then the butter, a few pieces at a time; whisk in a few tablespoons water if the sauce is too thick.
- Remove from the heat and cover.
- Put the green beans in a microwave-safe bowl; sprinkle with water and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap, pierce the plastic and microwave until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk 1 cup flour, the baking powder, 1/2 cup water, the egg white and the remaining 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce in a bowl; add a few more tablespoons water, if needed.
- Put the remaining 1/2 cup flour in a shallow dish.
- Heat 1/4 inch vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it reaches 375 degrees F on a deep-fry thermometer.
- Dredge the pork chops in the flour, then dip in the batter.
- Fry until golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with the peach sauce and green beans.