These are crisp, crunchy and the perfect ‘quick’ pickle – no canning required. Great for nibbling or on your favorite sandwich.
I always throw in a few sprigs of dill if I have any in my garden.
Author: Katie Zeller
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 – 4 cucumbers, thinly sliced – but with a knife, about 1/16th” thick (.2cm)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1 1/2 tsp regular, sea or pickling salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- Put cucumbers, peppers and onions in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with salts, mix well and allow to site at room temperature for 1 – 3 hours.
- At the same time mix sugar and vinegar and set aside.
- After a couple of hours add the sugar/vinegar to the cucumbers, mix well and refrigerate.
- They are ready in a day and keep for a month.
- It takes awhile for the sugar to dissolve into the vinegar, so it’s best to do it ahead.