This is a simple and delicious Italian recipe adapted from the Barefoot Contessa. We leave out the egg and sometimes the lemon (depends on what you are serving this with).
- 2 1/2 pounds asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (fresh is best)
- 2 lemons cut in wedges
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lay asparagus in a single layer on a cooking sheet/pan and drizzle with olive oil (put down foil if it is not a non-stick pan.)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in oven.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes until tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and return to over for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges (if served as an appetizer/antipasta or with fish, if served with chicken or beef you may want to leave out the lemon)