Just a plain old simple Calzone, nothing special. Spinach provolone and mozzarella, dip it in marinara. A perfect lunch food. You can easily adapt this recipe to anything else your prefer.
- fresh pizza dough
- 2 bags of fresh spinach or 2 10 oz packages frozen thawed,drained and water squeezed out
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- slices of provolone cheese and slices of mozzarella cheese
- sesame seeds
- In a large fry pan saute garlic in 1/4 cup of olive oil till golden brown, add spinach and cook till tender. Cool. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes
- Take a handful of dough and roll out with your hand till flat. Add 2 slices of provolone cheese on the bottom of dough.
- Put spinach in the center top with 2 slices of mozzarella. roll leaving each end open.
- Bake in 430 oven on a baking pan drizzled in olive oil on the pan and on the top of calzones, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake until golden brown.
- Make slices on top cutting open for easy of eating, serve with marinara sauce.
- Optional: you can add ricotta, mushrooms, or anything you like in making calzones.