A TOTAL CROWD PLEASER! THESE SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP SLIDERS ARE A GREAT WAY TO FEED A CROWD BECAUSE YOU CAN MAKE LOADS IN ONE GO. WARM AND BUTTERY, STUFFED WITH SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP AND EXTRA CHEESE…. I BET YOU CAN’T STOP AT ONE!
I love making sliders when entertaining a crowd because it’s so easy to make loads. For these Spinach Artichoke Dip Sliders, I used smallish rolls, but quite often I make this with even smaller dinner rolls which means I can make around 16 – 20 at a time. Great bite size food!
These sliders are stuffed with my favorite hot Spinach Artichoke Dip. To be honest, making sliders like this is probably the only way I can be forced to portion control with the dip – to make sure I only have my fair share! Otherwise, I literally struggle to dig deep and find the self-control to stop going back for more and more Spinach Artichoke Dip…
Over the years, I’ve tried sliders stuffed with most of my favorite warm dips. But hands down, Spinach Artichoke Dip is my favorite – I think probably because it is filled out with plenty of artichokes and spinach so it actually isn’t too rich. At least, not compared to other dips.
So it’s ideal for slathering on thickly onto sliders.
And yes, though there’s cheese in the dip already, I still top it with more cheese. Because….seriously. Look at it. Hot, buttery rolls with gooey warm Spinach Artichoke Dip. The only thing that can make it better is another layer of melted cheese!
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 14 oz artichoke hearts in brine drained (or frozen, thawed)
- 8 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream or yogurt full fat recommended
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese or other cheese of choice
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 bread rolls
- 6 slices cheese
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roughly chop the artichokes.
- Squeeze excess liquid out of spinach. Either use paper towels or a clean dishtowel, or my method is to use a colander and press liquid out using a wooden spoon.
- Place cream cheese in a large heatproof bowl. Microwave in 2 x 30 second bursts or until softened. Mix until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix until just combined (don’t overmix vigorously, otherwise you’ll smush the artichokes and spinach).
- Cut rolls in half. Place on a baking tray. Spread with dip – you may not use all of it, I use most. Top with cheese then place top of rolls back on.
- Brush with butter, cover with foil, bake 20 minutes until golden and the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm!
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 449mg | Potassium: 136mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 58.2% | Vitamin C: 2.8% | Calcium: 27.1% | Iron: 14.8%