- 1 box strawberry cake mix without pudding in the mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 TB water or milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 8″ or 9″ square baking pan with parchment; spray with flour spray.
- Mix strawberry cake mix, eggs, and oil with hand mixer until well combined.
- Spread batter evenly into pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until just set; be careful not to overcook.
- Allow brownies to cool for 10 minutes; lift carefully from pan using ends of parchment to lift.
- Mix powdered sugar, water and extract (is using) until smooth. Add just enough water until thick but spreadable.
- Pour glaze over brownies, spreading to edges so that glaze will drip down sides.
- Allow brownies to cool and glaze to set before cutting into squares.
8″ pans yield thicker brownies; 9″ pans yield thinner ones.
Batter will be very thick; use a good mixer to mix and spatula to spread.
Refrigerate baked and glazed brownies for an hour or so before cutting, and they will cut easier.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 128 TOTAL FAT: 7g SATURATED FAT: 1g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 5g CHOLESTEROL: 31mg SODIUM: 47mg CARBOHYDRATES: 14g FIBER: 0g SUGAR: 12g PROTEIN: 2g