No need for a beach vacation — or even a glass! — to enjoy these cocktail bites. Lime and rum-soaked strawberries are cloaked in glittery sugar for a boozy treat that’s easy to share. …
Total: 6 hr 15 min (includes soaking time)
Active: 15 min
Yield: 15 to 20 strawberries
1 1/4 cups light rum
1/4 cup lime juice
1 quart medium strawberries, with stems
1 cup granulated sugar
- Stir the rum and lime juice together in a large measuring cup.
- Poke the strawberries all over with a toothpick.
- Nestle them stem-side up in a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan, wedging them together as much as possible so they stand upright.
- Pour the rum mixture over the top and refrigerate for at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
- Drain the rum mixture and discard or save for another use.
- Put the sugar on a plate and roll the strawberries in it to coat.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.