THIS SUPER EASY PARMESAN CRUSTED ZUCCHINI TAKES ABOUT 2 MINUTES TO PREPARE AND 10 MINUTES TO COOK. IT’S A BRILLIANT SUPER QUICK VEGETABLE SIDE!
This Super Easy Parmesan Crusted Zucchini is one of those fabulous base recipes that lends itself to all sorts of possibilities to dress it up even more! Just think – add a sprinkling of herbs and spices, some garlic, lemon zest or juice. Simply beautiful!
I feel almost embarrassed putting up a recipe as easy as this. It is barely a recipe. But you know what? The way I make this Parmesan Crusted Zucchini is probably the most used quick vegetable side dish in my arsenal.
With good reason.
It’s insanely quick, it’s all prepared on the tray – i.e. no tossing the vegetables in a separate bowl – and it’s super versatile. I use this same method for so many vegetables – like asparagus, beans, broccolini – basically any vegetable that is reasonably thin or can be cut into thin strips that cook in around 10 minutes under the broiler.
I’d say zucchini and asparagus are my two favorite ways with this recipe. I think that the broiling time to make the parmesan breadcrumb crust beautifully golden makes the asparagus and zucchini just perfectly crispy/tender. Green beans can be a touch softer than ideal and broccoli does tend to get some darker brown spots, simply because of it’s shape.
- 3 zucchinis
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler on high with the shelf around 10 inches from the heat source.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then each half into 3 pieces lengthwise (so each zucchini is cut into 6 pieces).
- Place zucchini on a tray, drizzle with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss then line up on the tray so they are pressed up against each other.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs first, then parmesan. Drizzle with remaining olive oil then broil for 10 minutes or until golden on top and the zucchini is tender crisp i.e. just cooked.
- Serve immediately!
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 6.3% | Vitamin C: 31.9% | Calcium: 5.8% | Iron: 4%