This is a delicious curry flavored shrimp stir fry without a heavy curry sauce. The combination of curry and basil is really delicious. This is normally not served very spicy, but you can spice it up as much as you want.
- 1/2 pound shelled shrimp
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup slivered green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (substitute 1 Tbsp dried basil…only in a real pinch)
- 1/4 cup sliced onions
- 1/4 cup snow peas (optional)
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded or dried red peppers (if you want to spice it up)
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan or wok over very high heat.
- Add the shrimp and garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir fry for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with steamed jasmine rice.