These are the best baked meatballs out there! A crispy crust and a juicy and flavorful center. These meatballs are sure to quickly become a family favorite!
There’s always one meal I know that everyone in the family will eat and love. That meal is spaghetti and meatballs. Being a food blogger means that our meals are a constant rotation of recipe testing. We may eat the same dinner 3 or 4 nights in a row as I test and perfect it…and then never eat it again. You’d think this would lead to non-picky eaters, but there’s something about having a familiar meal that makes everyone happy. That’s why it is called comfort food.
After a heavy round of recipe testing, or a week with a truly random smattering of meals, I always end up serving my spaghetti and meatballs. I make my own spaghetti sauce and always have batches of it in the freezer. Add in my baked meatballs, and seriously, best spaghetti and meatballs ever. A few weeks ago I accidentally left the last batch of frozen spaghetti sauce on the stove for way too long on high heat. That’s right, I burnt spaghetti sauce. Seriously, so embarrassing. I shared the burnt spaghetti sauce on my SnapChat (stayathomechef come find me!), because seriously, who burns spaghetti sauce? We ended up eating canned spaghetti sauce that night. My kids were in shock. Homemade is so much better. I can’t imagine how they would react to store bought frozen meatballs.
Basically, all you need to know is that these meatballs are the best. I usually double or triple the recipe and freeze what we don’t eat so I have a quick meal on hand that is a guaranteed winner.
Servings: 20 Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef lean
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3/4 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 pan or baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Shape into 1 to 1.5 inch balls. Whatever size you choose, they should all be roughly the same size for even cooking.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes. For extra crispy add another 15 minutes.
Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 93mg | Vitamin A: 0.8% | Vitamin C: 0.4% | Calcium: 5% | Iron: 4.6%