Add walnuts, raisins and more or just enjoy it plain. You will love this super moist fall quick bread!
I have been making this recipe for years! It is the PERFECT pumpkin bread. I like to say that it is practically perfect in every way. It’s super moist and full of wonderful fall, pumpkin flavors. It also makes two loaves which means you can easily have one for your family and have one to give to a friend, neighbor, or teacher.
This recipe uses vegetable oil for moisture. I know that some people don’t care to add this much vegetable oil to their bread. That’s okay! I have the perfect substitute for you. Instead of 3/4 cup of vegetable oil, add 3/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce for all or part of it. So if you add 1/2 cup of applesauce, add 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
Some people absolutely love to add nuts or dried fruit to their pumpkin quick bread. If that’s your thing, feel free to add in 1 to 2 cups of either chopped nuts, or small or chopped dried fruit. This is the perfect base recipe if you want to make any additions.
If you are worried that your loaf is getting too browned on top, place a piece of aluminum foil loosely over the top during the last 20 minutes of baking. Some ovens just function a bit differently than others and leave the tops a little more on the brown side than some people like. This little trick comes in handy if you have an oven like that.
Watch the video below where I walk you through every step of this recipe.
Servings: 24 Servings (Or 2 Loaves)
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
US Customary – Metric
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9×5 bread loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, eggs, vegetable oil, water, and sugar until well blended. Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, and spices until just combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
If the top of the loaves starts to brown, simply place a piece of aluminum foil loosely over the top and finish baking.
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 248mg | Potassium: 66mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 55.9% | Vitamin C: 0.9% | Calcium: 1.2% | Iron: 6.9%