Ovens are perfect for making cakes, casseroles, or delicious garlic bread, but they can also get really dirty. Foods spill or boil over, and most of the time, it is impossible to clean up a spill before it burns on in an unremovable mass that likes to smoke every time you turn on your oven.
Who has this problem?
Of course, cleaning your oven is a must, but it is low to the ground, and the door is in the way. There is the oven self-cleaner, but that brings the temperature up insanely high and your oven is out of commission for about 3 hours. It is a little scary just how hot ovens get when they self-clean.
There is another way to make cleaning your oven easier and it is all natural!
Check it out! (Yes, vinegar is misspelled in the video.)
Oven Cleaner Instructions:
- What you need is water, baking soda, vinegar, an oven-safe pan or bowl, and a sponge or washcloth.
- Mix one part water, baking soda, and vinegar together in your oven-safe container.
- Dab some of the solution on the bottom of the oven and place the rest of the solution in the container on an oven rack.
- Set your oven for 100 degrees and let it run for 45 minutes.
- Wipe up all the loose gunk, and your oven is clean.
I know this isn’t some magical oven cleaning hack, but it sure is a time saver!